I hope you and your loved ones are feeling healthy, happy and staying safe,
acting positively, and focusing on the happier times ahead.
12 Super Simple Wedding Photography Tips for Brides-To-Be
Your wedding is a day that you’ll always remember. Below are a few tips to keep in mind as you prepare for the photo sessions on your special day.
- Arrange a pre-wedding photo session. You shouldn’t feel nervous in front of the camera on your wedding day as it shows in your photos. To prepare for your big day, arrange a pre-wedding or engagement shoot to or pre-wedding bridal shoot help you practice and feel more comfortable around your photographer.
- Don’t skimp on a hair and makeup trial. You want to look and feel beautiful on your wedding day. That natural glow of confidence really comes out in your photos. It’s very important to schedule a trial with both your hair stylist and your makeup artist so that they know exactly how you want to look. You might even find that you don’t like the look you had in mind, something you should discover before the day and not on the day.
- Choose your dress carefully. While you might have a very specific style in mind, the dress you choose might not be the best choice for your unique body shape. Your dress has a big impact on how you look in your photos so make sure that it compliments your body and that you feel super confident in it too. Take a few shots in your favorite dresses before you buy one to get a better idea of how you’ll look in photos.
- Sip a little champagne. Chances are you’re going to be a little nervous on your wedding day. Sip on some champagne while you get ready to take the edge off and feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
- Have a laugh. Moments when you and your bridesmaids are laughing make for amazing shots. Get a few inside jokes going and enjoy the day together.
- Lift your head. Because some brides are so nervous about walking down the aisle they’ll keep their heads low. Keep your chin up so your photographer can capture your face as you see your groom and all your guests.
- Slow down. Take your time getting down the aisle. Listen to the music and take in the moment. Tell your bridesmaids not to rush either.
- About that bouquet. When you and your bridesmaids walk down the aisle, aim to keep your bouquets close to your belly buttons. If you hold your bouquet too high you’ll end up blocking your faces.
- Kiss a little longer. Your first kiss as a married couple is such a special shot so kiss a little longer to ensure your photographer gets the shot. Sometimes a guest might stand up and block your photographer’s view so give them a chance to capture the moment.
- Use your bouquet when signing the register. Instead of keeping your bouquet in your hand while signing the register, place it on the table as it gives the photo a nice touch.
- The more light the better. If you will be having an open-air reception, try and add as much light as possible to give your photos depth. You can use candles or twinkle lights to add extra lighting.
- Breathe. Take a little moment to relax, enjoy and take in your day and surroundings, and favourite people – your wedding day passes so quickly and you want to remember every single magical moment…..
THE WEDDING IMAGES FEATURED IN THIS BLOG ARE FROM
WOODLANDS HOTEL, LEEDS
Don’t forget to get in touch if you need any wedding queries answered, want to chat about your day or book your wedding photography, Stay in Touch ….
For more wedding Information and wedding image galleries click on link below